What should Aaron Hernandez demand for #85?
The first Chad Ochocinco controversy has already hit the New England Patriots, but trust me, it isn’t that big a deal. Just a fun talking point.
Chad Johnson changed his name to Chad Ochocinco in 2008 because, well why the hell not? It’s Chad Johnson! That’s what he does! Since then, he has been called Chad Ochocinco because, well, that’s his legal name.
Wouldn’t it be funny if Ochocinco (Eight- five in Spanish) didn’t actually wear the number 85 during a football game anymore?
This could soon be the case as his new team, the New England Patriots, already have a number eighty five. His name is Aaron Hernandez and he has been on the team much longer than Chad Ochocinco has. Okay, one year isn’t THAT much longer, BUT STILL! It’s his number. He has the right to keep it.
The easiest answer to solve the controversy would be for Aaron Hernandez to simply give up the number to Chad Ochocinco. Chad has been in the league longer than Aaron. He should let Chad have his number. That’s no fun for the fans.
Chad Ochocinco could also simply change his name back to Chad Johnson, but where is the fun in that? If my team has Chad Ochocinco I want Chad Ochocinco dammit! Don’t give me this Chad Johnson bullshit. It’s Chad Ochocinco. Live with it.
Therefore, Chad and Aaron have to hit the negotiating table. A couple ideas that Chad could propose as a trade for the number 85 New England Patriots jersey:
- Give the secret book of Chad Ochocinco celebrations to Aaron Hernandez.
- New car: Chad makes a lot more money than Aaron Hernandez does
- As Chad is engaged, he could produce and host the second season of “the Ultimate Catch” with Aaron Hernandez as the lucky bachelor.
- Hid golden grill- That has to be worth a pretty penny
- Change the name of his news group to the Aaron Hernandez News Network
- 85,000 in unmarked bills. See? I’m clever.
- Allow “Chad Ochocinco” hazing during training camp. Sometimes you have to pay a price for the things you really want.
- His twitter account. Nah…
- Let Aaron Hernandez choose the location of each “tweet-up” this year.
Just a couple of ideas. If all else fails, Chad could make the power play and threaten to change his name to “Aaron Hernandez”.
Didn’t think about THAT one, did yah?